WHAT IS WATER TRANSFER PRINTING?
Water Transfer Printing is an immersion printing technique used to decorate many types of materials and three-dimensional objects, even particularly complex ones. Sometimes this technique is also called Cubik-Printing, Immersion Printing or hydrographic.
HOW DOES WATER TRANSFER PRINTING PROCESS TAKE PLACE?
Water Transfer Printing process is developed in the following phases:
– Preparation of the surface to be decorated: this phase can vary a lot according to the type of material that makes up the object to be decorated. Generally the product is cleaned, then a base coat and a specific primer are applied by liquid painting. At this point the object is ready for the decoration phase.
– Immersion decoration: this phase includes, first of all, the application of a special film in a special Water Transfer Printing tank filled with water at a thermally regulated temperature. After being carefully placed on the surface of the water, this film is activated by spray, with a special liquid that is identified as the Water Transfer Printing Activator which allows the colors and designs present in the graphics to be transfered perfectly to the surface of the component that will go to to be immersed later. At this point the Immersion of the object takes place which, thanks to the hydrostatic force of the water, is decorated obtaining the permanent transfer of the graphics even in the most difficult to reach points. After the dive, there is a rinse phase with water jets that allows to eliminate any film residues left after the transfer of the print; this phase is followed by another one of Drying at low temperature which allows you to fix the graphics.
– Application of Transparent Protective Paint: the last phase of the Production Cycle is the Liquid Painting application of a final Protective Transparent, also called finishing, thanks to which a further improvement of the aesthetic effect is obtained as well as an important resistance to mechanical or chemical stress.
• Thousands of Effects and Finishes available such as Carbon Fiber, Wood, Marble, Camouflage, Chrome and various Decorative;
• Applicable on three-dimensional surfaces, even very complex, both in small and large format;
• Applicable in Small, Medium or Large Runs thanks to the Flexibility of our Automatic Continuous Cycle Systems;
• Applicable on rigid or flexible materials such as plastic, rubber, metal, glass, ceramic, wood, fabric and leather;
• High mechanical and chemical resistance thanks to the nano-technological finishes;
• Possibility to create New Effects and Graphics on request.